Just follow these step-by-step directions when using Amazing GOOP:
- Please read all directions before using. Amazing GOOP should be used in a well-ventilated area.
- Surface should be clean, dry, and free from dirt. For best results, roughen surface before use. Best when used between 70° F (21° C) and 85° F (29° C).
- Puncture the seal at the top of the tube using the pointer cap.
- Always test a small area to ensure proper application technique and dry time. Prolonged exposure to warm water may cause discoloration and possible loss of adhesion when exposed to chemicals used in hot tubs and pools, especially in outdoor locations. Amazing GOOP may be weakened by contact with certain highly plasticized materials.
- Apply Amazing GOOP directly to each surface to be bonded or repaired. Allow Amazing GOOP to partially cure, 2-10 minutes, before bringing surfaces together. Amazing GOOP hardens by solvent evaporation and forms an immediate bond that is difficult to reposition after both adhesive-coated surfaces are placed in contact with each other and sufficient pressure is exerted to establish full contact.
- Allow the repair to dry for 24 hours. Depending on the materials and the temperature maximum strength may not be reached for 48 to 72 hours. Cure time increases with lower temperatures and decreases with higher temperatures.
- Keep threads at the neck of the tube free of Amazing GOOP residue. To ensure easy cap removal, apply a thin coat of petroleum jelly to the threads of the tube before replacing the cap.
- Clean uncured adhesive with small amounts of acetone or naphtha; the adhesive will ball up and brush off. Cured material may be removed by cutting or scraping.
- Store unused Amazing GOOP at room temperature with cap tightened.
Amazing GOOP may damage finished surfaces. Avoid such contact until Amazing GOOP is completely dry.
Contains toluene and petrolatum distillate. Vapor harmful. May cause dizziness, headache or nausea. Causes eye, skin, nose and throat irritation. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling contents may be harmful.
This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. Keep away from heat, spark and flame. Extinguish all sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone. Prevent build-up of vapors by opening all windows and doors to achieve cross ventilation. Use only with adequate ventilation.
To avoid breathing vapors, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. Close container after use. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. First Aid: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately.
In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting; get medical attention. Keep out of the reach of children.